A couple of days ago I submitted a brief rant about how Burger King failed. This post is meant to provide a few suggestions for how they could improve -- and solicit additional suggestions if you have any.
1) Cross Promote: Work with the Iron Man franchise, Lego MindStorm NXT 2.0 team, and Burger King to have a drawing for a new MindStorm in the image of Iron Man.
2) Sponsor Burger King Science fairs around the country for kids to build their own science projects. Make the prize a trip to the national Burger King Science Fair in Redmond, Washington or Palo Alto, California. Work in partnership with Apple, Microsoft, HP, Caterpillar, Boeing, Genetech, etc.
3) On a smaller scale - include a coupon redeemable for a free robot kit online.
4) Set up math games online and make it a contest for the chance to win a trip to NASA and meet with some the engineers and astronauts and see a shuttle launch.
5) Tap into kids' creative potential by asking them to design the next toy to go into the Burger King Kids Meal. Define the parameters and provide the tools online they could use to create and submit.
These are obviously some fairly basic ideas. In general, the toys in kids meals are irrelevant and useless. More so when they perpetuate outdated cultural norms like mirrors for girls and guns for boys.
Can more be done? I would like to think so. What do you think?